Tuesday 15 October 2013

Thanksgiving! And mostly paleo :D

Back at home for the long holiday weekend and looks like a change is coming. My Mother has been having some health problems and of course, the doctor recommends losing weight and getting moving every day. I've been talking to her about the dangers of processed foods, and she's realizing all those processed carbs cant be good. So this Thanksgiving supper was turkey, ham, a big pan of roasted root veggies with  splash of coconut oil and maple syrup and a salad of baby greens with a balsamic vinegar dressing. 

The exception to all this paleolishness was the pies for dessert. I just cant resist my Mom's apple pie. Only had one piece and I don't regret it. It was a great long weekend, with time spent doing chores outside my Mom's house, a walk around my old hometown and a long hike with the whole family.

I'll be weighing in on Wednesday, but since I bought the new scale I've been weighing myself a few times a day. My weight fluctuates between two and four pounds depending on the time of day, levels of hydration and if I've been to the bathroom or not. Now I'm weighing in daily, mornings only. Imagine checking in on the scale several times a day... that could drive a person crazy! 

2 comments:

  1. I cannot say no to pie either. My mother-in-law makes THE BEST pies, apple included, though my favourite by far is blueberry. She always makes it special for me. :)

    Sounds like a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I weigh on most days, but I do think the scale is a bit unpredictably high at times--until I take account of yesterday's sodium intake. Mostly, I just try to think about how my food was and gear everything on whether I ate right. Right now, I'm staying low at weight without good food discipline, which is just as disturbing as going up on the scale when eating well. :D

    ReplyDelete