Monday 21 April 2014

Easter Wrap-Up

So nice to get together with relatives I don't see too often as we live in different cities. There were a lot of laughs and a lot of reminiscing about good times.

The Bad: I had pie and I had some chocolate

The Good: I wasn't feeling like I had to eat anything out of guilt, sadness, boredom, awkwardness or some other emotion.  Since it was a special occasion, I decided to indulge just a little.

The Ugly: Tears from relatives who thought I was rejecting them by leaving food on my plate. This is an ongoing issue. I did my best to explain the meal of salad, ham and roast veggies was tasty, but that I was full. I can't do anything more...

From Good Friday to Easter Sunday there were three large meals with relatives. Most served healthy food, some did not. Fried anything did not cross my lips. No doughnuts, croissants, or Belgian waffles. I was able to stay on track through all the meals with the two exceptions I mentioned above.

Food highlights: 
  • A stuffed acorn squash with ground beef, diced apple and carrot with a small amount of crumbled bacon.
  • Baked Trout Almandine
  • Spinach salad with baby arugula, caramelised walnuts and goat cheese (I only ate a couple of the walnuts as nuts are still triggering for me these days)
I'll weigh-in on Wednesday to see if I've really kept on track.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great Easter Weekend!

    I'm totally guilty of the "eating extra" to clean my plate. I'm learning to say no, more and more everyday. I know your weigh-in will be great!

    ReplyDelete