Sunday 17 August 2014

Weekend Shenanigans

This weekend was a bit of an exceptional one. Usually my weekends involve chores, meeting up with friends, activity and meal prep for the upcoming week.  This one didn't involve much of that. Since my man is a musician, his gigs usually happen in bars. This time, he was a featured artist during a sort of a 8-hour Music-a-Thon, so we spent a while in this particular drinking establishment. 

During the afternoon and evening, I was able to enjoy the other music acts and sipped on soda water (seltzer) with a squeeze of lemon. Once my man's set was over (he was in good voice and did great!!) we went out for a quick bite. We went for Asian: hot and sour soup, then some stir-fry chicken and veggies, no added salt, hold the rice, hold the noodles. When we returned to the venue to meet up with friends, see and support the rest of the bands, I got a little thirsty... gin and soda water thirsty! I don't drink often, but when I do, it doesn't take much to get a buzz. Let's just say that high spirits ensued! And mischief and shenanigans. But never giving into any crazy cravings for fries or other junk food!!  A good night was had. A very good night indeed!

4 comments:

  1. I also had a drink this past weekend! two 4oz glasses of wine. I'm like you--once in a blue moon at most... Great job--being out, having a great time--and keeping the integrity of your calorie budget and self-care intact. To me--this is what it's all about. Too many years, I equated having a good time with eating a bunch of stuff. Now I eat good stuff and have a bunch of good times. The quality and quantity of everything involved has changed for the better. Excellent post!! Thank you Nikki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean, your comments are so insightful :) You're right, it's a change of thinking as to what a "good time" really means.

      Delete
  2. That's amazing Nikki! You have more willpower than I do right now. Thanks for sharing! Super cool that your husband is in a band! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure I could do like my friends, after a night of fun times, go and gorge on poutine at 2am. (For any Americans who happen to read this, poutine is fries+cheese curds plus brown gravy). I just remember how I feel the next day and don't want to have that feeling anymore. It's just about making the right choice at the time. You can do it too!

      Delete