Sunday 31 August 2014

Concert fun times

Went to an amazing concert tonight. I was on my feet for about three hours, jumping up and down and enjoying the show immensely. We also walked about an hour and a half after the show to get back to the car. Super nice walk with a great warm breeze.

Food-wise it was tough, I had three options: Have a quick and dirty supper before the show, have food on-site (over-priced street meat) or something healthy after the show. I waited until after the show, knowing I'd still be wired and fired-up, and went to a decent 24hr restaurant and had a mixed green salad with cherry tomatoes, avocado and grilled chicken. It hit the spot and I'm glad I waited! My man regretted having his fries and said he should have opted for a salad and sandwich instead.

Even in unusual circumstances, I can't let my guard down. Not for a second. Even though I delayed my meal several hours, I knew I would not regret making the healthy choice for me :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great time Nikki. You sure got your exercise with all the walking and jumping. Also, way to go with the food choices. Seriously, you done good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The food choices are mainly a result of learning by trial and error. Before I'd go for the easiest choice, now I go for what my body really needs.

      Delete