Friday 23 December 2016

Holiday Crunch

Where on earth did the time go? This past week flew by, and I forgot to post on Wednesday. Between work, volunteering, and shopping and then parties, it's been more of a whirlwind of activity. More than other years. Maybe it's also a good way to keep busy and keep my mind on other things, hmmm. It's been really hard to get workouts in there. I've only been able to twice... and that was on the weekend.

Navigating parties, pot-lucks, and restaurants has been hard. Temptations everywhere!!! A couple of times I was able to eat at home, then head to the party, but a few activities have taken place at work, or right after work. A couple of the restaurants had little to be desired on the menu--lots of deep-fried and pan-fried, not grilled or baked anything. I'm getting tired of ordering big salads for supper.

I do weigh myself almost every day, but I record it on Wednesday. This time only a small dip 202.9 lbs. It's been lower and higher through the weekend, but I just don't want any January regrets. A higher number on January 4th is not in my plans. A number below 200 lbs is possible, but I'll have to work hard to keep moving, and to stay away from all the goodies... In all honesty, I mean to stay away from most of the goodies! My mother bakes the best apple pie, and another family member makes a really not-too-sweet Bûche de Noël (Yule Log Cake) and I'm planning on one piece of each. Some goodies are not bad and make you gain--I'm also looking forward to those little oranges, so yummy.

I don't get to see all my family very often, so I'm especially excited about that. In previous years, food was the main way people used to show love, but not as much anymore. We play games, watch movies, go for a walk if there's no snow-storm or ice-storm, and hang-out. Hopefully we'll be able to build a snowman!!

Happy holidays everybody!


1 comment:

  1. I adore the Peanuts!
    Sounds like you navigated the holidays quite admirably. Man, restaurant salads are usually so BORING! You have mroe willpower than me, but sometimes if I really want to stick to it I'll order a salad and ask for a side of salsa on the side instead of dressing it's a nice twist. The switch to non-food related events sound nice. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete