Saturday 10 February 2018

Adjustments

I do well with consistent exercise for a time, and then fall off the wagon. I did really well before Christmas but since then, my workouts have been irregular. Although I walk outside everyday, shovel snow when it falls, I don't use a car to get groceries instead I walk the 15 minutes home, this is not enough. When it comes to purposeful workouts, I'm the worst at being consistent. This morning I was doing a cardio routine and 10 minutes in, I was a huffin' and a puffin', really sucking wind like a vacuum cleaner. 
This is not good! 


The only solution that makes any sense right now is to exercise in the morning, before work. This means waking up earlier, and going to bed earlier. AND making sure everything is organized for the morning (meals, clothes, work bag ready to go). Waking up earlier will be tough for a night-owl like me! But really, at the end of the workday, chances are I am burnt out, had a long commute (2 hours last week to get home because of snow), or just had a bad day. I just can't eat supper at 9pm, then try and squeeze in a sweaty workout before 11pm. So morning workouts it is!

Food-wise, I've been more snacky in the past couple of weeks, and that also has to stop. I know I get good nutrition from my mostly veggie-filled (and sometimes meaty) meals, and I feel really good. The snacking is all a mental game. I just have to keep reminding myself that giving into cravings for junk food will negate any progress.

Weight is still the same, bouncing between 186 and 189 lbs. 

2 comments:

  1. hot decaf tea helps me fight the snack monster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Karla! I went and bought an assortment of caffeine free teas, and my cup of Celestial Seasonsings Bengal Spice did help last night :)

      Delete