Tuesday 24 April 2012

Scale busters

Just when you think you've made progress taking it one step at a time, something comes along to send you two steps backs. This past week, it was the fact that my home scale gradually got out of whack and is 8 lbs off. And by 8 lbs, I mean I actually weigh another 8lbs more than I thought. I'm just happy that I've also been relying on the tape measure!!! Honestly, in the past, I would have been so depressed, I would have drown my sorrows in a bag of corn twists and a tub of ice cream.

But I can't help feeling sad... I know that there are always going to be challenges along the way... I just wish it were easier.  I'd better learn how to deal with it now, head on, rather than retreating into myself and wallowing in self-pity, as I have done so many times in the past.


No comments:

Post a Comment