Tuesday 1 January 2013

Year in Review

Last year I weighed about 25 lbs more than I do now. I'm ambivalent about this. On on hand, it's a loss... meaning I have made progress but on the other hand, I could have lost more.

I have not put in the time necessary to exercise.

Nutritionally empty food has crossed my lips more times than is good for my body.

I have sabotaged my own efforts. I let my emotions guide me instead of logic.

Since my father passed away in November, I've been really trying to care of my mind first, feeling my feelings, not eat them. Then taking care of my body. It seems to be working for me for now. Although this is the saddest event so far in my life, his death has made me realize how short life really is and that if I want to live a long healthy life, I have to take the steps NOW to slim down. I have to stop abusing my body.

Honestly, for this past month of December, I thought I would gain the usual 10+ Christmas poundage, but I actually have lost a few pounds.

This year I learned about Mindful Eating. This has done me the world of good. Following various exercises and breaking old food eating habits have really opened my eyes to how twisted my use of food really was. I still have a ways to go, but I'm better off physically than I was last year.

I'm not making any resolutions for this new year, but I'm keeping a promise to myself to do my best every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment