Thursday 17 July 2014

Weigh-in Wednesday (a little late!) and an update

I've been basically eating clean for the most part, and when I have indulged I've been making sure that the indulgence is actually worth the calories. 
Examples: 

1) I was offered a slice of grocery store cake with cheap ingredients that I had a hard time pronouncing = not worth it!  

2) Homemade raspberry pie made with locally grown organic berries = worth it and had a normal-sized slice, not a big one!

Been having some cravings on and off for Chester's Corn Twists, one of my long list of kryptonite foods. You know, the foods that can seriously derail you and throw you way way off track.  I think it's just stress. Even though I'm still on vacation, I've had a series of doctors appointments and have had a minor procedure done yesterday. The only exercise I can do for the next few weeks is walking. That's okay since that's my main exercise anyway.

Weight is still fairly steady at 182.5 lbs.  Honestly while I'm going through this medical stuff, I'm just trying my best not to gain. Not exactly the point of a weight-loss blog, but that's how it is for now. 

8 comments:

  1. That homemade rspberry pie--oooh, sounds so good!! Stress flips that trigger in me too-- resisting isn't always easy. You're doing so well. And your weight loss blog is perfectly on point, in my opinion. It's real, Nikki. Thank you for writing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean :) I just wish resisting right now was less of a battle.

      Delete
  2. I think it is exactly the point. You are making the best of your situation. If it is a time for "not gaining" then so be it. We all are going to need to know how to do that when we reach our goal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by Anna :)

      Delete
  3. Hey, you have to deal with what you have to deal with! Good job at doing your best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support Gwen :) I guess I just wish I could do more, you know?

      Delete
  4. Hmmm, stress can be a big problem for me too Nikki. At times like these "trying my best not to gain" is a damned fine plan.

    Quite agree too about the 'worth it' and 'not worth it' indulgences - I try to minimise the first kind (not actually ban them) and avoid the second type - mostly, it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support Deniz :)
      Banning food has never worked for me either. Like your term 'minimise"!

      Delete