Wednesday 1 October 2014

Wednesday Weigh-In

We've really had the most beautiful Indian Summer that I can remember and the leaves are turning all sorts of pretty colours. The sun is setting earlier and earlier. The other evening I went out to do some gardening after supper and it was already dark at 7:30pm! Time really flies.

Starting to slowly change from spring/summer clothes to fall/winter clothes. I tried a couple of nice sweaters and a pair jeans that I had packed away a few years ago that were too small and they now fit. Very happy about that! 

Next step is the clothing store. I've been avoiding it because I don't have much time (or much money) lately to try on outfits and shop, but... it's come to a point where I've got to get a few new work basics: Blazer, cardigan, a couple of new blouses, dress pants, dark denims. One thing I've learned is to ALWAYS try things on. Every time. I find more and more odd variations in clothing. How can jeans in the same brand, same size, same style but a different colour can fit so differently? Just odd. 

Balancing work and getting my own stuff down has become more challenging. The work days are filled with meetings, appointments and other demands so no time for nice leisurely lunchtime walks with colleagues. I did a few quick solo walks around the building to at least get a bit of fresh air and the blood pumping :)

Down this week to 171.1 lbs, a couple more pounds gone. Some weeks, like last week, can be difficult but I'm learning that a bad week is not the end of the world. 

10 comments:

  1. oooooh, some fall color photos please, for those of us living in sunny California that only have one breed of tree (sparsely located) that change colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to remember to take my camera along this weekend during my hike :)

      Delete
  2. You're so right about clothes. Every company is different and every top is different! I'm all across the board and definitely need to try things on before I by. I love clothes shopping though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I hear you sister! I can be from a 12 to an 18. Makes no sense really.

      Delete
  3. I hate shopping for new clothes, but I like having new clothes. Congrats on the loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie! Thanks for stopping by:)
      Exactly,we need a wardrobe fairy or some magician!

      Delete
  4. The worst is finding new jeans. I wish someone could magically measure me and give me the perfect fit haha. Great job with staying healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I def need to try on everything too. I have a range of sizes depending on the brand. From size 6 pants all the way to 10. And tops in medium to large. Congrats on your loss:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's quite the range!
      Thanks Leigh :)

      Delete