Tuesday 8 May 2018

Back Home for Good

After all the trips I've had to take for work this past while, I wasn't sure what kind of number would pop up on the scale. It reads seven pounds gained. Sigh. I knew this past month or so would be tough. Not just with navigating eating and exercise, but also stress. Being "on", and having to pretend to be interested in whatever presentation, or to produce fake enthusiasm while presenting; it all takes a toll. Fortunately, there are no more business trips scheduled until the next fiscal year.

While away from home, I did try to make better choices, but when faced with stale bagels, powdered eggs and canned fruit in syrup as the hotel's complimentary breakfast... well I had to find an Sbux or Tim Hortons for a quick brekkie. Some meals were provided by the company, some meals I had to eat out with colleagues. Not much was vegan or vegetarian. I was not always in hotels that had mini-fridges so I did have a small cooler that could keep a salad cool for a few hours. Plane food? Forget it. Eating more processed food and restaurant food than I'm used to as well as being extra sedentary is where the seven pounds come from. 

A pretty lake in British Columbia.
I was able to get away from meetings or the hotel once in a blue moon, so I'd take walks outdoors as much as I could. Right now, I feel more bloated and tired than weak.

Plan
Food: Track everything! Lots of veggies, lean and plant protein (easy on the red meat). 

Exercise: Walking everywhere! Ride bike more after work to build up endurance to ride to commute to work (there's a new bike path that would make it a a 25K ride total... about 2 hours or so, which is the same as the bus).

Mental: I haven't taken the time to meditate or do yoga regularly. For the sake of my sanity, I'm getting back at it!

Current weight 185.3 lbs






No comments:

Post a Comment