Saturday 15 August 2020

Where's that "Whoosh"?

Been working my plan, and the results are slow coming in. I expected a great "whoosh" of weight falling off, but nope, that's not what's happening right now. I'll give it a couple more weeks then re-evaluate. I think this coming week, as I'm back to work in the workplace and not working at home, I'll see more changes as I get more movement throughout the day. Working from home has been super-challenging, even with using a timer to make sure I get up from my desk!

I'm feeling some stress before heading back into the office this week: lots of new rules are now in place. How to correctly enter and exit the building, how to circulate through the building, washrooms, and an implicit ban on socializing. In the "before times", I'd stop at people's desk to chit-chat, ask how things are going, but now we've been told to "stay at your desk as much as possible". Use of the kitchens are being discouraged--even though there just a couple of microwaves, a big fridge, and a kettle. At least it's summertime, so a packed lunch can be my norm--salad or sandwich and veggies. No more stinky items like fish nor devilled eggs that I used to make for my lunch, ha ha! 

The commute is another stressor--the buses have been reduced and schedules changes. No speedy buses to get me in and out of the downtown, but lots of "milk runs". Sigh. Thought about riding my bicycle into work, but there are no showers. I get into a muck sweat no matter the time of year when riding an hour or so. My friend told me her work has closed off their showers and change rooms as budgets are tight, and those facilities would require lots of deep cleaning. 
Anyway, we'll see how goes. 

Weight is 194.3 lbs. 

For inspiration, I'm still reading through the health, fitness, and weight-loss books I've got in my collection. Jillian Michaels is what's on my nightstand at the moment. My e-Reader has some fiction and biographies, so I'm enjoying Queenie by Candice Carty Williams and The Chiffon Trenches by André Leon Talley.

Music-wise I've been listening to a lot of fun tunes. Weird Al, and just stuff that makes me laugh and groove with big bass-lines while I move. 


2 comments:

  1. GIRL! I want my whoosh too!! LOL Glad you kinda have a plan in place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?!! The whoosh is such a motivator :D

      Delete