Monday 25 January 2021

Got the Blues

It's been tough lately, and I basically ate my way through the Holidays. Pandemic Blues. Stay at home blues. Curfew blues. Missing my family and friends blues. Just when I think I've learned how to cope with my feelings, I turn to food for comfort, and procrastinate in my free time. It didn't help that family and friends dropped off goodies, so many goodies. Throwing food away in the compost... seemed wasteful... but I should have done just that. I was able to re-gift some items, like boxed chocolates, to neighbours. 

Here I am again at 195lbs. This past week, I started walking outside again, even though this is the coldest time of year, -15C on average. Got up to 5000 steps outside 3 out of 5 days. The other 2 days were just over 3000. I was only able to do a couple of stretching sessions (yoga or pilates) but I should aim for daily. 

My diet has been decent since the end of the Holidays--no more baked goods or chips. 

I was able to score a cheap agenda, with a habit tracker, so I've been writing down of my food intake and exercise and step count for my outdoor walking. It seems to be helping. But I might also add back in MFP or some other online tracker.


Just gotta keep on remembering that I feel so much better when I exercise and eat healthy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment