- Trying the Whole 30 in May and discovering that way of eating makes me feel better!
- Using the car only when necessary, not to get groceries or other errands that I can walk to
- Turning to food less and less for comfort
- Relationship with my man and our plans for the future
- My family's support - they are the best!
- Not keeping strict control over portion sizes
- Not doing the necessary amount of activity to loose weight
- A sleeping disorder, still dealing with Rice Krispies knees and another health issue
- Dealing with grief
- Didn't do my best every day to work towards my goal of health and fitness
January Jeans Results from 22 November 2013 to 7 January 2014
Starting weight 195.5lbs, current weight is 190.2 lbs = Success!
I knew that the holidays would be a test. Last year, relatives, in-laws and friends treated me with kid gloves as I was fresh with grief. This year, only my own family would be remembering and would be feeling a little sad. It would have been easy to drown those fleeting sorrows in food, but I couldn't let myself do that.
Also, some relatives equate the food they make with love, and if you reject the food, you are rejecting them. I was able to limit the tears, yes tears!, from some of these relatives by telling them how important my health is to me and that by over-indulging it is actually harmful. Most of the others understood that with the large number of parties, visits to relatives, get-togethers, ect, my man and I were attending that I couldn't eat everything served.
Thanks to Marion and the participants of the January Jeans Club. Your posts and comments have helped to keep my focus through this crazy busy, carb-filled minefield of a holiday season!