Wednesday 21 May 2014

Eating out, Books and Still Going Down

Navigating the mine-field of eating out has been a challenge lately. Lots of graduations and birthdays have just passed and are coming up. And all involve supper at restaurants.  I know I've been making the wiser choices judging by the scale and looser pants. I usually order grilled lean meats no salt added and salads with no dressing. Drinks... water with lemon or lime, seltzer or if I'm feeling it, a white spritzer. For dessert? I chew sugar-free mint gum. Boring but it works.

I've been reading a new weight loss book and re-reading a couple of others. The new one is The Diet Fix by Yoni Freedhoff and the re-reading are Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels and Eat Clean Diet Recharged by Tosca Reno. I know it's a bit of an odd way to read, but I read one book on the bus, one on breaks at work and another before bedtime.  It's one way to keep my mind focused on staying on track :)  I'll write a little review of The Diet Fix in a couple of weeks once I'm done.

One discouraging aspect of my life lately is that even though I've been losing steadily, it's coming very slowly off my waist. Hips, legs and everywhere else are coming along... just not that belly fat. That stubborn belly fat. In my case I just have to be patient. I'll likely see slow progress and it'll be the last to go. My mother and I share the same apple shape so I know it's part genetics. The answer I think will lie in shaking up my exercise routine. I'll be looking into what I can do and exercises that I won't get tired of doing this week.

Weight 182.5 lbs  

10 comments:

  1. I do get the different books for different times. I don't think I have ever done that though. LOL I am more of a read it all then move on type of person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like that with fiction. Especially mysteries and trashy fun books :)

      Delete
  2. I could never master reading multiple books at one time. Great that you can do it, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's only because there on the same topic: health and diet. Also I've read the other two before so it's more like a refresher.

      Delete
  3. Good job on the losses! You are doing fantastic. :) Next decade, here you come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing awesome! It does suck that genetics determine where we lose weight first, but it will eventually come off everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Since you've been here before I know you're right. I just have to be patient... not my best trait :)

      Delete
  5. Great job on the good choices you're making when you eat out!!! I eat out a lot as well, so I know it can be challenging!

    Congrats on the lost inches - the belly will fall in line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This period of eating out will hopefully be over soon. It's hard to resist temptations but I'm doing it :)

      Delete