Wednesday 7 May 2014

Wonderful Weather and Weigh-in Wednesday

The weather here has been great this week, meaning no rain. Woo-hoo, bring on the allergy pills!  LOL  So I'm out walking in the morning part-way to work and after work walking part-way home. I try to keep a brisk pace and it takes about an hour of my weekday. It's a good way to relax before and after work. 

Maybe it's just the Spring, but I'm much more active outdoors. Even though I shoveled a record-breaking amount of snow this past Winter, I'm definitely more active now. There's the yard to tend to, lots of twigs and leaves picked up, lots of weeds to pull. Strength training or yoga or T'ai Chi at home in the evening is still on the schedule.
My man and I are giving some thought to Summer vacations... Lots of possibilities since we've been saving money like mad. I think one of the prettiest places I've been to was Monet's garden in Giverny. Here's a view from the flower garden looking toward the house.
I wouldn't mind going again but there's a big old world out there that we can explore.

Food-wise I've been keeping to my food plan and making sure to hit my protein targets for breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack so I'm not ravenous once I get back home.

I've also been much more careful with calories on weekends. I noticed in my food journal that my calories had been getting a bit too high and some meals I just couldn't be sure 100% of the calories. I know it's eating out that is the cause. Most of the restaurants my man and friends go to are small businesses that do not post nutritional information. (Here in Canada, it's mostly fast-food chains that do.) So the calories in my journal were guess-timations... yeah, that won't do anymore! I'd usually go for a chicken stir-fry, no extra salt please or a salad with grilled or Tandoori chicken, no salad dressing.  Instead, we've been hosting friends at home. At least this way I can have some measure of control. I don't want my hard work during the week wrecked by a meal or two over the weekend!

Still on a downward trend and weighing in at: 183.8 lbs

2 comments:

  1. I really need to reign in my weekend eating, because it's getting out of control.

    What a beautiful photo! France is definitely on my bucket list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I'm clamping down hard.It might be tough, especially with social situations, but I've gotta do it.
    Thanks! France is really a must-see, even if it's a long weekend getaway to Paris.

    ReplyDelete