Saturday 10 December 2016

The Plan

Looking back through my past posts, any success I had was due to being consistent and committed, every single day. 

I'm going to go back to a Clean Eating template - natural whole foods, minimally processed. Meal prep is on Sundays for the workweek.

  • Food  - Lots of vegetables, some protein, some carbs, some fruit. 
  • Exercise - Daily walking outdoors, 5 x week cardio workout, 3 x week weight routine
  • Mental - Continue working with therapist on issues, read health and wellness books from library to keep focus on getting fit and healthy.
  • Accountability - Tracking food and exercise in My Fitness Pal, and at least weekly blog posts here with Wednesday weigh-ins.


Avoiding my pitfalls

  • Impulse buys at the grocery store - Keep as much as possible to the perimeter where the produce, meats, fish, dairy and frozen stuff are kept. I gained weight on packaged pasta mixes, cookies, chips and other items located in the middle aisles of the store.
  • Veggie boredom - I sometimes get tired of eating the same things over and over again, so I'll be sure to seek out new recipes, online or from vegetarian cookbooks.
  • No temptations come into the house - Talk with my man again about not bringing in ice cream and chips. If it's in the house, I will seek it out and eat it eventually.
  • Alcohol - with Holiday parties coming up, it's no excuse to go overboard.
  • TV, Internet, and the sofa - these are distractions and I can easily get sucked into them for hours on end. Will be placing time limits on these.
  • Vending Machine at work - I wont keep any loose change with me, so I wont be able to buy anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment