Tuesday 5 November 2019

Waking from my Carb Coma

The last time I checked in here I was doing pretty well--finding it hard, but still doing okay. I decided to do a detox, an Internet detox as I was spending way too much time online, and procrastinating. By Midsummer, I was down to 150 lbs and feeling great. I was working my plan, mindful eating, not gorging, eating whole foods mostly plant based, low carb. Regular exercise every single day. 

What happened? A stress-storm: Being the only caregiver for a Mother with congestive heart failure, working full-time but being given more responsabilities for the same pay, struggling with bills, not being able to save money for a house, struggling with infertility... all that sent me back into a carb coma. White flour, processed foods, pizza, chocolate, large portions. Not making time for exercise. Not asking for help when I felt myself backsliding.
Current weight: 189.6 lbs It's easier than you think to gain weight. It didn't take much time at all to regain. And then some. I feel sluggish and tired all the time: carb coma! I've got to get back to being healthy again!
I'm back in the saddle again, starting now.





3 comments:

  1. Welcome back!!!

    Lets see you posted this on the 5th and today is the 7th. How be you?
    Do you get that dreaded low carb flu or are you able to just swing back into swing? I hope you are able to blog about your journey again. It is hard to find active weight loss bloggers now a days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm easing slowly off the carbs since I get "hangry" if I go cold turkey lol
      Yeah not many people are keeping a journal on Blogger anymore. I"m going to keep posting here about once a week or every two.

      Most of the other bloggers I followed have given up, simply moved on with life, or have jumped over to Instagram. There are a ton of "Fitfluencers" and sellers of shakes there, so it's hard to find genuine people sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Yaasss girl! I am actually more active on IG myself. Kinda- sorta. I had visions of being an influenser but I am just not a HELLO LOOK AT ME person. Yup- most everyone has moved on. I kept my reader list on my blogger site (I use wordpress now) so that I can use it as a reader. I don't have too many active but www.slenderswan.blogspot.com has a few that are still posting regularly (somewhat)

    ReplyDelete