Friday 19 February 2021

Shovelin' Hard

I've not been a stepping out as much this week. After a couple of good walks in, on Friday and Saturday, the snowfalls rolled in and ever since I've been busy with my shovels. This last one was a doozy, and spent about three hours in total outside working out. I usually do sessions of no more than an hour and then go inside for a little break, warm up, change out of my sweaty shirt, and down a glass of water or two. It helps having some tunes playing. It somehow leaves me less discouraged and gives me a bit of pep in my step when I get tired and snow-weary. A rest-day was needed after that. Lots of sore muscles in the shoulders and arms. And yesterday, I started a big laundry of sheets and blankets, so I was up and down the stairs.

Food-wise: You can see some of what I've been chowing down on since Monday on my Twitter: https://twitter.com/FatGirlWontRun 
I remembered my password! lol. I forget why I set up that account way back in 2016. Instagram would probably be a better place for that kind of accountability, and for inspo, but I'll see how it goes for now. 

Not all liquids get posted, but I try and get in 8 cups of water a day. I sometimes drink sparkling water instead. My nutritionist is a wee bit woo, and believes that lemon water is a great alkalizer and has all sorts of benefits. For the Vitamin C (wards off scurvy, ha ha!) I'll take it, and if anything else positive comes from it... so be it! lol. All solid food gets a pic unless I forget! Then it gets written in with the next meal's pic.

Good news: No hunger pangs this week, but I think a lot my cravings are cycle-related. But... my man bought some pastries for Valentines day and a small box of chocolate bark that we shared. I put a couple of my pieces of chocolate aside for this week.

My next move is to get back to using My Fitness Pal for calorie counting. I might check out a few of the newer apps to see if they are easier to use. 
 

Weight: Not much change from last week. I'm not discouraged. The scale will tell the tale towards the end of the month.

Love the blinged out glittery shovels in this catchy music video. If I have time for a little project, I'll bedazzle the length of the handle and maybe the top of the blade of one of mine 😆



2 comments:

  1. Your Twitter page is awesome! I may have to bug you for recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm keeping it simple. And certainly if there is a recipe you'd like me to post, let me know :)

      Delete