Wednesday 3 March 2021

Steady as She Goes

For the past while, I've been following my nutritionist's plan fairly well, except for some celebratory pizza and pastries that were in there. Although the ultimate goal is to have that Food is Fuel mindset, I'm not there yet. Coping with food as comfort is going much better as in that is not happening as much as before. The true test will be when my hormones get roaring! lol.  

The only big issue so far is downing a glass of lemon water as soon as I get up in the morning. She says the main benefits I should see are the flushing of toxins (insert eyeroll here) and improvement in digestion (maybe? Hope so). 

In terms of exercise, my fave being walking outdoors, that's not great. I had to do more shoveling of snow this week, and tomorrow morning--I just looked out the window :(   It burns calories, but I don't get the same mental release as with walking. For other upper body exercise, working out with hand weights has been in my rotation. I have five and ten pounders. I can only cope with the fives at moment--weak I know!  Gyms here are starting to re-open but they have high demand. Everyone's been cooped up for months, and itching to get back to fitness classes and personal training. I'll wait until the demand disappears, and I get the vaccine, before signing up. In the meantime, there's plenty of free resources like body weight exercises on YouTube to follow.

And speaking of body weight, my nutritionist wants me to only weigh in once a month. I started to get a bit fixated on the daily swings up and down. She's reminded me it's not a quick fix weight-loss plan, but a life-long health plan. So I'll post my official weigh-in numbers that I share with her which will be the sometime around March 22nd or so.  Steady as She Goes... by The Raconteurs :)



No comments:

Post a Comment