Wednesday 6 November 2013

Dealing with stuff

Dealing with a lot of personal issues right now... I may write about what's going on later on down the road but right now, I just don't feel like it.  I've vented to my man and now I'm drained. One thing however, I'm not letting these issues interfere with my weight loss. I'm down 2lbs to 192lbs this week.  

I've been walking a lot for stress relief... a lot.

Eating my way through a tough time won't get me anywhere. Calories not over 1600 per day. I've kept to nutritionally sound food even though Halloween treats were everywhere. Some well-meaning colleague even left a pile of chocolates on my desk. Gah!!  I just scooped then up and put them in the common room. They disappeared soon enough.

Here's my food plan from last week:

Breakfast

Scrambled eggs with peppers and mushrooms (sometime with smoked salmon)
or 
Steel-cut oatmeal with berries and almond milk
or 
Power smoothie

Lunch:

Squash Soup with

Salad with grilled meat, or canned salmon
or
Left-overs from previous night's supper

Supper:

Stir fried veggies (broccoli, carrots, peppers) and chicken
or
Roast chicken and veggies (beets, sweet potato, onions) on a bed of kale
or 
Baked trout Amandine with tons of extra green beans
or
Stuffed peppers with lean ground beef and shredded carrots, onion and celery (no cheese!)

Snacks:

Either fruit or carrot sticks 
(I'm still off the natural almonds for the time being because they are too tasty and I end up eating more than I should)
Sugarless gum (trying to give this up but I cant do it yet)


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the loss and not eating your emotions. I am so guilty of doing this, but walking it off is so much better for you!

    Your talk of stuffed peppers makes me want to make them. Mmmm... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food sounds awesome, Nikki! Like--really good. I have some squashes right now and someone told me a easy soup recipe. I should try it. I eat eggs most every day because you can't go wrong with them. Good plan. I eat sugarless gum too--we can't be perfect. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nikki
    You have it SO right when you say "Eating my way through a tough time won't get me anywhere." I guess that's what I'm struggling with (still!), so your kind comment really helped.
    Goodness, but the baked trout amandine sounds amazing - hmmm, that's got me thinking about a fishy weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete