Wednesday 31 July 2013

Busy and a bit stressed before vacation

Work is crazy these days. Isn't summer supposed to be the time when everyone is on vacation and taking it easy? I'm swamped and need a couple of good days of quiet in my cubicle to plow through the paperwork and wrap up projects. I've got five working days to get my sh!t done before I go off on vacation, so the pressure is on!

I've not been on vacation since.... since Christmas? Wow. That's too long. I'll be able to unhook my brain and the computer for two weeks. My man and I are going camping so I'm hoping for good weather. 
 
On the home front, I've been cleaning and organising like a mad woman. "Spring Cleaning" came late this year, ha ha! Honestly, it's out of frustation because I keep misplacing things when I can't see past the clutter.  

I'm battling vines and hedges that are growing like mad! With all the rain then high heat, they are growing like crazy. I'm going to give up and call in the professionals to do a major trim. I know it's not the best time of year to do this but they've grown so high they are reaching  the telephone and cable lines.
 
Some medical stuff is going on which always stresses me out.  I'm still going through some tests. Doctor has recommended watching my protein intake as he's concerned about my kidneys.
 
Food-wise I've been eating clean, but I'm going back to tracking to make sure I'm not eating too much protein. Especially on vacation I have a tendency to gain, so maybe this is a chance to lose for a change.
  
Weight-wise I'm holding steady. I'm okay with that. After last week's debacle, I thought I'd surely see a gain on that scale!

 

2 comments:

  1. I think we're busy in the summer because we're doing our own work and covering for those that are on vacation. Hope you enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. :(

    ReplyDelete