Saturday 29 September 2012

The Bee's Knees?

Not so much. I zigged when I should have zagged and ended up with an injured knee. Only a little pain, but the inflammation is bothersome so I'm taking it easy for a couple of weeks until the tendonitis heals up. This is an ongoing issue that I've had to be careful of ever since gaining weight in my teens and twenties.

In the meantime, I'm doing upper body strength and just plain easy walking... no elliptical or trampoline. Lunges, heavy stair work and such are off limits for a while.

Food-wise, I'm struggling with eating my emotions. These days it's loneliness. 

  • I made the conscious choice to order two medium pizzas and eat them over the course of three days. 
  • I  made the conscious choice to order fries and down a pitcher of sangria when I was out and about with friends. 

Strange how I still felt lonely amongst friends. Did the food  and drink make me feel better? Temporarily. How did I feel when I woke up the next morning? Groggy and zero energy throughout the day, and was bloated and chubby-faced from all the sodium.

Weight-wise, I haven't gained, I haven't really lost. Bouncing up and down around the 200lb mark.

My goal for the next few weeks is to do some inner work. Stuffing my emotions with food isn't doing me any good. There are tons of resources online and  I've got a couple of Jillian Michaels books I haven't yet read. I'm scheduling the inner workout and it'll be part of my daily exercise from now on.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you make conscious choices about your food and exercise regime. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete