Wednesday 5 December 2012

Bad day at work

Really not good day at work... someone made some very cold and compassionless comments about my recent loss of my father. I've been able to keep up with my workload ever since I came back from leave to go the funeral and I've put on a brave face in the office everyday. Today was the first time I ever broke down crying at work. I'm thankful that it was at the end of the day and no one saw or heard me in my little grey cubicle.

Once I pulled myself together, I spoke with a friend and was able to get some of my feelings off my chest and she gave me some perspective and some strategies, which I did need for dealing with these issues. 

But lo-and-behold, for supper I chowed down on a double-portion of meat lasagna. I can't believe that I allowed someone's unkind remarks to get to me like this. I know I have to feel my feelings, not eat them!! I have to exorcise and exercise the toxic negativity from my body.

It doesn't help that my man is away on business for a lot of the time working in his hometown and staying with his family. What I wanted tonight was for him to hold me close, rub my back and tell me everything was going to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment