Thursday 2 May 2013

Day 1 of Whole30

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs with mushrooms
Half a large sweet potato
Tablespoon of pomegranate seeds

Found I really had to make time for a 20 minute sit-down breakfast.

Lunch:
Salad with grilled chicken and 1/2 strip of bacon
1 tbsp Organic EVOO as salad dressing
2 dates
1 apple

Felt tired and had a headache in the afternoon at work. Might be a variety of reasons like the six hours of sleep I got last night, the weather which is much warmer than usual or allergy season is in full swing.

Supper:
Piece of cod
Wilted kale with 3 mushrooms sliced
Carrots

Dessert:
2 dates stuffed with 1/2 tsp sunflower seed butter and 1/2 a walnut.

What I found was since my lunch was a bit skimpy, I was hungrier at the end of the day and ... not a good thing in my case as I tend to overeat and make bad choices in the evenings. Will try and incorporate more veggies, like maybe julienned beets into the salad. Drank a lot of water during the day, sometimes with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.

I wasn't able to give up chewing gum... oh well, in the grand scheme of what I'm trying to accomplish, to me gum is the least worrisome of my bad habits right now.

Trying my best to realise that food is fuel for my body, nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment